Writing an essay can be a daunting task for both teachers and students in terms of creating and crafting a high quality essay, and finally editing and grading them.
It seems though we may have overlooked one of the toughest steps in writing an essay and that is actually selecting an appropriate and interesting topic for your students.
Thankfully I have put together a list of 25 great essay topics that might just make that process a little easier. Enjoy. And remember to add any other great suggestions in the comment section below.
If you are still struggling with the essay writing process and need further guidance be sure to check out our definitive guide to writing a great essay.
- Zoos are sometimes seen as necessary but not poor alternatives to a natural environment. Discuss some of the arguments for and/or against keeping animals in zoos.
- Imaginethat your teacher wants to teach a new subject for the next few weeks. Your teacher will take suggestions, and then let the students vote on the new subject. What subject should your class choose? Write an essay to support your choice and to persuade the other students to vote for your choice.
- Are actors and professional athletes paid too much?
- Should teachers have to wear uniforms or have a dress code?
- Since the invention of nuclear weapons we have had a long period of GLOBAL peace and stability. Are nuclear weapons global peacemakers or killing devices?
- Should boys and girls be in separate classes?
- Is the death penalty effective?
- To what extent is the use of animals in scientific research acceptable?
- What age is appropriate for dating?
- Pretend you woke up one day and there were no rules. People could suddenly do whatever they wanted! Explain what the world would be like. Use your imagination!
- Should student’s textbooks be replaced by notebook computers?
- Should students be allowed to have cell phones in elementary and high schools?
- Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations?
- Should money be spent on space exploration?
- Is fashion important?
- Are we too dependent on computers?
- Ifyou had the opportunity to bring any person — past or present, fictional or nonfictional — to a place that is special to you (your hometown or country, a favourite location, etc.), who would you bring and why? Tell us what you would share with that person
- Most high level jobs are done by men. Should the government encourage a certain percentage of these jobs to be reserved for women?
- Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
- In your opinion what factors contribute to a good movie?
- The destruction of the world’s forests is inevitable as our need for land and food grows. Do you agree?
- Many parents give their children certain chores or tasks to do at home. Should children have to do chores or tasks at home? Be sure to explain why you think it is a good idea or a bad idea. Include examples to support your reasons.
- Should the voting age be lowered to thirteen?
- Should the government place a tax on junk food and fatty snacks?
- Should more be done to protect and preserve endangered animals?
Composition is indispensable in students’ lives; good grades do not come easy to them and require strong writing skills for success. This article contains a handy list of easy essay topics for high school.
Using these topics, you will get high grades. Your personal academic performance will be advanced, and tutors will remember you as a creative, gifted person with original ideas and diligent task completion. Use our list of easy topics and forget about mess with homework.
Easy Essay Topics for High School
Here we have collected an essay topics list on various subjects. They are fresh and interesting, able to win you high grades and teacher rewards. Use them to write great papers:
- Research takes time, so educational establishments need to free students from classes during exams and assignment completion
- Dogs are better friends than cats because they develop trust, commitment, and loyalty to their masters
- Every human invention moves the society backward, not forward.
- If animals are put in charge of the world’s government and rule, our planet will become much fairer and cleaner.
- One man can change the world. The key to success is persistence.
- Richness has never made anyone happy, as it is simply money that one can waste. Spending money wisely to the benefit of people around you is a good way of making money work.
- Race and color still matter; only the expressions of racial difference have changed.
- Government should control the nation’s email communication.
- Children should select education subjects at any age
- All people should be allowed to choose schools depending on the language of teaching and find schools with curriculum in their parents’ mother tongue
- An idea about universal human equality is nonsense and utopic. People are different.
- The whole world’s presence in modern phones does not make people’s lives easier. It worsens the quality of communication and makes people miserable and isolated. With a phone in hand, nobody talks in person; all we have left is constantly check email and social media alerts.
- Political partnerships among countries nowadays go much farther than benefitting their nations. It is a matter of seeking global dominance.
- The 21st century is a dangerous time to live, with exacerbating environmental and geopolitical problems; it’s not clear what will kill us quicker.
Write My Essay For Me
- Tell about a loss and the way in which you coped with it; share some lessons learnt from that event to help other people struggling with loss.
- What is the last country you would attend on Earth? Why do you avoid going there?
- Art’s role in your life – types you like, how you enjoy it.
- Discuss technology’s role in your personal activities and life; does it help you in studies and communication or would you feel better without some innovations?
- Discovery that changed your life and perception of people around you.
- Your cherished talent that you have or would like to develop.
- Social awkwardness you recently experienced.
- Problem of making wrong and right choices.
Admission essays/Personal statements
- My role model in life; the person who provided me with maximum support and from whom I learn until now.
- My ideal living place.
- Ways of overcoming life challenges and lessons learned from them.
- The way in which parents contributed to my life and personal development.
- What makes you special? Reasons why you are the best admission candidate.
- Describe your major failure or disappointment in life.
- What season do you like?
- If one day you discover having some superpower, which one would you like to have; how do you plan to apply it to benefit your society?
All these are interesting essay topics able to get you an extra grade on any subject, be it school or college assignments. Our experts are always ready to help you! Visit our site’s blog and find numerous extended essay topics ideas and advice on other assignments’ writing process.
Additional Essay Writing Tips
Essay topics for high school are diverse and depend on your discipline and subject. The writing process is universal. It includes a number of steps and procedures that every student should follow to achieve paper quality. The Harvard Writing Center gives the following recommendations:
- Read the supervisor’s assignment carefully to make sure you understand it and can narrow the topic to an interesting, workable thesis statement
- Move from assignment to topic by close reading of sources online and in library
- Develop your essay’s structure and all its components
- Outline all ideas in detail to structure the writing before it starts
- Summarize all ideas you have come across during search to see what you start with and where you finish
- Think of both arguments and counterarguments in advance
- Formulate topic sentences and design strategies of signposting
- Take care of proper transitions in the text
- Think over the conclusion in advance; you have to know what your inferences will be before the start
- Revise the first draft on grammar, punctuation, and style.
Apply this algorithm with any of easy topics from our list and your success in class is a sure forecast!
Get Excellent Essays from Trusted Provider
Are you sick and tired of writing? Do you want to find a trusted, reliable provider that can deliver essays on time, write essays on interesting essay topics and include original essay topics ideas into each completed assignment? Then writers of Essay4Today are waiting for you! Order essays from us and you will 100% receive interesting essay topics and content. We never duplicate content, write all papers from scratch and with a writing passion, and reveal true commitment to every order. As a result of such quality dedication, our company has earned the fame of fabulous helper. We have hundreds of satisfied reviews and returning customers. So, you will not need to think over topics for high school anymore, we will do that!